Saturday, November 8, 2008

Ahavia Lounge Spa... What an Aha...via Day!

It was one very very relaxing Saturday for me. I have been planning to go to a spa for the longest time already and I scheduled today to be the day because I have practically no plans set for today, mom is in China, no malling, no gimik with friends.... so I am a bum for the whole day. If you are a bum for the whole day, why not spend it to pamper yourself in a spa right?

I went to AHAVIA LOUNGE SPA located in the not so busy side of Wilson St. here in San Juan City. It is around 5-10 minutes drive away from home. Upon entering the spa, you could already smell its peppermint scent, they called it their Ahavia scent. I was greeted corteously by the receptionist. I called them 2 days prior to my visit to schedule myself for a whole day spa treatment. Choosing between their enticing spa package, I chose CAPTURING THE BLISS. Capturing the Bliss includes a foot spa treatment, a coffee experience, it is a body scrub with coffee essence and the anti-stress massage therapy that uses a special oil called a thermal oil. My therapist is great and I had a wonderful time. I entered the spa at exactly 1:20pm and left the spa at 6:15pm. The whole package runs for 4 to 5 hours and it is worth Php 1,299.00 only. Ahavia is a house turned into spa. The ambience is not as great as compared to the well-known expensive spa's such as Suriya and The Spa but it exceeded my expectation. The best time to go visit Ahavia is from 1pm to 6pm since these are their lean times. You wouldn't wanna go to a spa wherein there are loads of people because it will destroy the whole spa experience of being relaxing, serene and quiet. So if ever you have time to pamper yourself, I would recommend Ahavia Lounge spa if you are on the thrifty, budget conscious type.

A few things I noticed though is that all their body treatments are body scrubs, nothing of that fancy Javanese Royal Bath, Balinese Boreh Wrap, Moor Mud Treatment and etc. Their massage differs only from the oil that they will use but they don't have a choice of other massage techniques such as the Thai Massage, Ayurveda Massage, Hot Stone Massage and etc. So if you are they type of person wherein you want to try different spa service, different body treatments and different massage techniques, Ahavia will fall short of your expectations already. Ahavia is for those people who are on a tight-budget but still wants to pamper themselves, for those who wants to relax and doesn't mind the limitations, for those who lives near and doesn't want to drive far, as they give practically limited choices and varieties in their list of services. They have no facial service and no wetfloor as well. But according to the receptionist, their facial treatments and wetfloor will soon be available... lets wait and see =)

Ahavia Lounge Spa is located at # 173 Wilson St. corner Barcelona St. San Juan City. Tel. No. (632) 744-0343 and (632) 386-0266.

1 comment:

Ahavia Lounge Spa said...

Our new address is at 579 mariano marcos corner allenby san juan metro manila