Saturday, November 15, 2008

Cafe Ysabel

The lone fine-dining restaurant along P. Guevarra st. (near Wilson) has stood the test of time, it underwent several changes in our history and yet it still stands proudly serving long-time customers and new alike. This restaurant has always been a favorite hang-out of my mom and a lot of people who lives in the City of San Juan. It is very cozy, the food is great and the service is wonderful. To top it all off, the head waiter,"Mang Cosme" is very close to mom even in the early years when he was still serving Mario's at that time. Our service is what we called "A Deluxe Service".

I write this blog entry because during my visit here with my mom and my aunt, Mang Cosme told the kitchen to prepare their special dessert. I was going to order Crepes Samurai and request Mang Cosme to prepare but instead he gave me this new and very exciting dessert, itis not included in the menu and it is not served regularly. It is a soft chocolate mousse ice cream with some slices of Sanz Rival. Their Sans Rival isn't quite the usual Sans Rival you can buy out there since it incorporates butter and now with chifon and sponge. Truly, a service deluxe from none other than Mang Cosme himself.

Cafe Ysabel is located at P. Guevarra St. (If you are coming from Ortigas, turn right from Wilson St.)

No comments: