Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mortal Instruments Series : Cassandra Clare

I remembered I wrote an article practically for the Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare last April 05, 2009, a month ago from now (http://jonas321.blogspot.com/2009/04/mortal-instruments-series-my-next-read.html) My article includes a brief introduction and synopsis of the three book part series of the Mortal Instruments specifically, City of Bones, City of Ashes and City of Glass. It is an urban teen fantasy, the genre that I am currently hooked. Currently, I am on the last few chapters of City of Ashes, book 2 of the said series. I must say I am giving this a two-thumbs up. If I am going to compare this to the Twilight Saga which created a huge impact all over the world, I must say, if you like the saga, then you will surely like this trilogy better. In my own opinion, The Mortal Instruments series is 100 times, if not more, better than the Twilight Saga of Stephenie Meyer. This series has depth, has literary style and the story line is distinct. I can't wait to put my hands on the 3rd book, City of Glass. This is a must-read, a true page-turner.


The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare is available in Fully Booked branches. If you aren't lucky enough to find yourself a copy, go to the customer service and make a reservation. Believe me, that is what I did. It saves a lot of hassle and trouble. This is one book that each fantasy readers should not miss. I recommend this HIGHLY! =)
Sneak peak on my next reads:

A modern Faerie Tale by Holly Black (this is one is kinda eerie....)
1.) Tithe
2.) Valiant
3.) Ironside

An urban fantasy of Faeries by Melissa Marr (this one has romance...)
1.) Wicked Lovely
2.) Ink Exchange
3.) Fragile Eternity

No comments: