Thursday, May 21, 2009

Star Trek (2009)

I was never a fan of the Star Trek series and I never actually know anything about this sci-fi series. I always compare it to Star Wars, which happens to be one of my favorites, and I always say Star Trek is incomparable to Star Wars. Until recently, when Aileen and I watched the movie in Promenade, Greenhills.

At first, I was kinda hesitant to watch the movie since I am really clueless what Star Trek is and it gives me this feeling that I will not fully understand the movie. I tried reading the write-ups on the internet about the movie and I stumbled upon a statement stating: "If you've never been a fan, you will be when you watch this movie!" This gives me a sudden gush of excitement. The whole day I was thinking of watching the movie and I did. From the time it started until I saw the credits, I never realized the movie is about 2 hrs and 15 mins long. It was that exciting. The entertainment value as well as the cinematic effects were amazing as well. It felt I was part of the crew of the USS Enterprise wherein I got lost in the world of Star Trek. I am not exaggerating. This for me, so far, is the greatest movie I've seen since 2008. A true two-thumbs up, a must-watch, a spectacular movie indeed. Head to your nearest favorite theaters and experience it for yourselves. WOW!!!!

Star Trek stars: Christopher Pine (James T. Kirk - Human), Zachary Quinto (Spock -Vulcan), John Cho (Hikaru Sulu - Human), Eric Bana (Nero - Romulan)

Official Website: http://www.startrekmovie.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jonas,

Sounds very convincing. You may pass as a movie promoter, then the movie will surely be a blockbuster :)

jonas321 said...

Amy, thanks!!! =) glad ur enjoying the articles here in my blog. Read up! hehehehe