Saturday, July 4, 2009

Percy Jackson & The Olympians

I am a fan of Greek Mythology. I am fascinated about how the gods in Mt. Olympus have their own specific responsibility whether it may be the sky, the water, someone who brings and delivers messages, fertility, love and etc. Upon my search in www.amazon.com that has a greek mythology theme in it, I am quickly amazed that there is a series written by Rick Riodan entitled: The Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Without 2nd thoughts, I quickly rushed to Fully Booked to get hold of copies of books of this series. Wow!! You can view and visit the official website at http://www.percyjacksonbooks.com.

The story line is similar to Harry Potter but it has a different plot and a different theme. Harry Potter is concentrated basically on wizardry and witchcraft while Percy Jackson is concentrated on greek mythology, gods, goddesses, demigods, cyclopses, satyrs, centaurs and etc. There will be a movie which is set to release on 2010 for the 1st book entitled: The Lighting Thief (I can't wait, I bet it will be amazing!) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0814255/, for more information regarding the upcoming movie.

I am a fan of young adult/children fantasy books nowadays. I started and finished reading The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer, The Mortal Instruments Series (City of Bones, City of Ashes and City of Glass) by Cassandra Clare. The faery love-story which left me hanging wanting for more; Wicked Lovely, Ink Exhange and Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr. I am not on the 3rd Book of the series of Percy Jackson and the Olympians.

Percy Jackson & The Olympians:

2005 - The Lighting Thief2006 - The Sea of Monsters2007 - The Titan's Curse2008 - The Battle of the Labyrinth

2009 - The Last Olympian

No comments: