Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dezaato Pan, Japanese Cafe

After our dinner in Old Chinatown Kopitiam, we decided to chill and hang-out in this newly opened Japanese Cafe named: DEZAATO PAN, translation, according to King is Dessert Bread, I don't know how true? HAHA!

Upon entering the place, I noticed the similarity of Dezaato Pan and Bread Talk. They way their bread is served and displayed is very similar to Bread Talk, the only difference is that one originated from Singapore and the other from Japan. The thing that separated Dezaato Pan from Bread Talk is that is has tables for its cafe drinks, desserts and it has a gelato bar for the kids. The place has this certain homey and comfortable feeling which is a good sign.

One thing I noticed is that they only have one cash register to take your orders. The queue tends build up considering the number of people trying this new cafe place and take-out orders of their bread. They have quite a unique selection in their cafe drinks menu such as Matcha Cafe Latte, Rose Syrup Cafe Latte and etc. What I ordered was the Roasted Nut Cafe Latte, Derick ordered the Dark Chocolate Cafe Latte and King ordered the Matcha Cafe Latte.

We stayed in the open air section of the coffee shop so that we can have a smoke, our drink was served, mine was too sweet, I ended up asking them to redo the whole thing or else I'll get diabetes, sheeesh!! As I sip through my drink, I still am looking for that roasted nut taste until I found out, I already finished the drink without even tasting the flavor of its roasted nuts. It just tastes like a plain Cafe Latte that is really really sweet. Derick's drink tastes average. What I like is what King ordered, the Matcha Cafe Latte, I like how they blend the green tea with the coffee, it is quite surprising and I find it very artistically and intelligently invented. Upon siping through the hot glass, you will capture first the strong fragrance of the coffee and upon masticating the drink, the green tea now leaves its mark on your palette. As you swallow the drink, this is when the taste of the coffee and green tea mix. One doesn't overpower the other, both leaves a separate after taste and aroma.

As a summary, I would rate this new coffee place a 7/10. Dezaato Pan is located along Banawe in Quezon City

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how abt the food? bread? did u try any?

jonas321 said...

Hey there, unfortunately we didn't. We just had coffee bec. we were so stuffed because we just ate in Old Chinatown Kopitiam that time. Why?