Saturday, March 7, 2009

Beer.... Below Zero?

One can wonder how on earth can a beer be chilled in a cooling appliance at such low temperature and still remain liquid? Well, this is the first time I tried a beer "below zero" at Grilla Grill in Promenade, GH. Eng, Eka and I ordered a San Mig Light Below Zero from the waiter and I noticed that the waiter took out 3 bottles in a refrigerator like appliance. They shook the bottle left and right before opening it. It was served to us with frost forming on the outside of the bottle. I was amazed and was astounded by the fact that a beer chilled when being shaked can form frost. I got curious and tasted the beer, to my surprise, it remains as liquid as ever. But the taste is exquisitely surprising as the beer itself is realy cold and very refreshing but still very very liquid. I drank the beer quickly as I was awed by the taste and the temperature it attains. Beer is best served chilled so they say but this shall change to Beer is best served when below zero. Have you ever tasted a beer that is not cold? Yuck! So hurry and go to your nearest drinking venue and order yourself a beer below zero and experience the feeling of drinking it below zero!

No comments: