Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Trap of a Credit Card Company


NOTICE: Before anything else, this is just based on personal experience and observation.

Do you experienced receiving a phone call from a credit card company and unknowingly you will be forced to own their credit card? Offering you great deals and promos and what not? Well, last year Standard Chartered called me and offered a pre-approved credit card for me with a credit limit more than that of my present credit cards which are Citibank and Equitable. I'm amazed and interested but that amazement and excitement all went down the drain in a span of 3 months.

WHY??

Well, sometimes and I mean sometimes we tend to forget our due dates because of several reasons but never because of we don't want to pay. If you happen to own a Standard Chartered... YES... STANDARD CHARTERED CREDIT CARD here in MANILA, be prepared to received like 15 to 20 calls within the day reminding you to pay for your due date, offering you loans, asking why you want to cancel your card, offering you endless deals. And not only that, THEY HAVE THE HABIT OF MISS CALLING YOUR PHONE EVERY 5 MINS....... IMMATURITY FOR A CREDIT CARD COMPANY CONSIDERING THEY ARE AN INTERNATIONAL BANK!!!! I never experienced this kind of hassle and nagging from Citibank and Equitable. And 90% of the people who calls you from Standard Chartered have the worst attitude ever

As I sat on my chair wondering, why in the world did I land owning a STANDARD CHARTERED CREDIT CARD in which I have really no intentions of adding another credit card in my wallet. Then I remembered the trap that I put myself in to.

So please, base on my own experience and opinion, there are OTHER credit card companies such as Citibank, Equitable, BDO, Metrobank, BPI and etc. that are far better than Standard Chartered. I know the requirements are hard and the pre-approval can sometimes be discouraging but it is always worth the patience. Don't fall into the trap and the promises that this credit card company offers. I know the reason why they are so aggressive in asking people to apply for a credit card with them.

AGAIN, BASE ON MY OWN OPINION AND EXPERIENCE, YES, STANDARD CHARTERED CREDIT CARD IS THE WORST CREDIT CARD COMPANY HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES!

No comments: